Wednesday, January 7, 2015

My Crystals and Minerals

This list of my crystals is simply that.  Often I can't remember which is for what and find myself searching google for answers.  So I decided to compile this list with my own photos and update it as I add more crystals to my collection.  I search the internet for the uses, collect the information and while most websites agree, there are variations in explanations and at times I compile information from several different sources.  If you are interested in a crystal for a specific purpose I urge you to do your own research.  These explanations and uses are what I found that resonate with me.  The list is in alphabetical order.  If you do find my information is incorrect, please do contact me - I welcome the opportunity to learn more about these crystals and minerals.


Aegirine
Aegirine uses:
Eliminates negative thoughts, energies, attachments and replaces them with the light of the positive.  It promotes wholeness and healing.

I purchased this crystal at the MUM Expo from one of the crystal vendors.  The Odds and Ends Corner.  The owners (husband and wife) had great energy and were so welcoming.  I really enjoyed my conversation with the husband.  He asked me what I was looking for and I told him I didn't really know but I would know when I found it. So he asked me what I do, I told him I am an artist and he handed me this mineral.  Told me it would help me in my work and it is one of the minerals I sometimes place on the corner of my drawing board while I work.


Botswana Agate


Apache Tear


Apatite




Amethyst
Amethyst uses:
Spirituality and contentment.  Stimulates the Third Eye, Crown and Etheric Chakras.  Enhancing cognitive perception as well as accelerating the development of intuitive and psychic ability. It initiates wisdom and greater understanding, and is a stone of comfort for those grieving the loss of a loved one.  Enhances one’s creativity and passion. Strengthens the imagination and intuition, and refines the thinking processes. It helps in the assimilation of new ideas, putting thought into action, and brings projects to fruition.

I found this amethyst at a festival being sold as a tealight holder.  The owner only wanted $5 for it and had told me he had collected the specimen on his own and drilled the hole.  I couldn't pass up this awesome deal and purchased it without thought. I don't really like the idea of a hole drilled in it, but it does look pretty with a candle glowing inside.




Angelite




Apophyllite


Apophyllite uses:
Aids to release negative energy, aiding you to be happier, calmer and more at peace.  Infusing your auric field with high vibration light energy from the spiritual realms.  Excellent ability to transmit their energy and are uplifting.  Relief from stress, tension and anxiety.   Stimulates the Third Eye Chakra, intensifying your inner vision, and clearing any blockages in the Crown Chakra. Allows the flow of light from spirit to move throughout you and infuses spiritual light and love.

My mother purchased this crystal for our children's bedroom.  The girls kiss it good night and thank it for protecting them while they sleep.  My oldest loves to thank it for "scaring away the monsters and ghosts" (I smile at her and tell her they aren't real, but she insists on stating this line anyway)  We keep it high on a shelf for viewing and bring it down nightly for intention setting or as needed when the girls are feeling scared at night.





Aquamarine
Aquamarine uses:
Resonates to the energy of the ocean, helping the holder to connect with the nature spirits of the sea.  Calm fears and phobias. Promotes verbal self-expression.  Enhances spiritual communication and clears communication blocks. Also used to align all of the chakras and enhance the aura.  Aids in the assimilation of new knowledge.  Encourages intellectual growth and inner knowledge, opening one up to intuition and the super-conscious mind.  Also works with the Heart Chakra by helping one to realize their innermost truth.  Facilitates the releasing of old patterns of behavior that no longer serve, and that actually inhibit one's growth.

I found this beautiful but tiny specimen at the Mum Expo at a crystal vendor.  The picture does not do the color justice.  It is a beautiful, delicate, clear, aqua color.  Sometimes I carry this one with me when I go out, depending on where I am going and why.



Azurite Malachite


Celestite
Celestite uses:
Revered for its high frequency and Divine energies, and is known as a powerful healing crystal. Connects one with the Angelic realms, allowing for the free-flow of these higher frequencies into the Crown and Third-Eye Chakras, and also down into the Throat Chakra for expression.  Brings mental calm and clarity in the midst of any chaotic circumstance.  Relieves stress, anxiety and obsessive behaviors. Alleviates any type of stage fright or nervousness. Gives courage to those who suffer from agoraphobia (fear of crowds) or public speaking. Brings harmony and balance, assists in finding and maintaining inner peace.  Facilitator for deep states of meditation, helping to calm the mind and open it to communication from the higher realms. Assists in recalling not only dreams, but also the specific details of the dream. Information imparted during the dream state will also be recalled with perfect clarity.


I found this crystal at the MUM Expo, also from the Odds and Ends Corner.  It caught my eye and I knew what it was and it was such a beautiful specimen.  I did not hesitate in this purchase.  I almost always use it when I meditate and it also graces my drawing space while I work.


Pink Chalcedony
Pink Chalcedony uses:
Encourages kindness and all good qualities.  Brings out a sense of childlike wonder and willingness to learn new things. Encourages love, sympathy and kindness. It is a creative stone that encourages story telling. Also a spiritual stone that encourages empathy toward others and inner peace. It helps people with trust issues.  Promotes compassion, heart opening, and heart maturity.  Makes you aware of the suffering of others and of yourself.

I found this mineral at the MUM expo from a crystal vendor.  I was intrigued when I saw it and wanted it because of its uniqueness.  I love the color and the ebb and flow of the piece itself.




Chrysoprase


Cinnabar


Citrine


Danburite




Blue Fluorite
Blue Fluorite uses:
Highly protective and stabilizing stone. Useful for grounding and harmonizing spiritual energy.  Increases intuitive abilities, links the human mind to universal consciousness, and develops connection to Spirit.  Anchors intuitive insights into the physical plane, allowing mental and physical coordination.  A popular stone among energy healers, Fluorite can also clear the aura of mucky energies.  Heightens mental abilities.  Assisting in rapid organization and processing of information and can bring mental clarity and stability to an otherwise chaotic situation.  Absorbs negative energies from the environment and is effective at Auric and Chakra cleansing.  Can also shield the user from psychic manipulation.  When used with the Third Eye Chakra, Blue Fluorite brings spiritual awaking and clear communication between the physical and spiritual planes.  Used with the Throat Chakra, Blue Fluorite aids in orderly communication of intuitive insights.  The calm, serene energy of Blue Fluorite brings inner peace.

I found this beautiful specimen at the MUM expo from one of the crystal vendors and couldn't put it down.  I often use this while meditating and it often has a place on my drawing board while I work.  I also have a beautiful rainbow fluorite bracelet that I like to wear.



Himalayan Salt Crystal

Himalayan Salt Crystal uses:
Natural ion generators, emitting negative ions into the atmosphere.  Negative ions restore and neutralize air quality. Negative ions can be used to treat illness and improve health. Increases chi. Eliminates allergens.  Supports the immune system.  Boosts serotonin levels.  Improves mental alertness.  Promotes general well-being.

We have four of these tealight holders and one large salt lamp (plugs into wall) in our home.  We mostly use them in the living room but sometimes put the lamp in our bedroom as we sleep at night.  Not only are they pretty but they purify the air.




Black Kyanite Blade
Black Kyanite Blade uses:
Works with all Chakras, focusing most on the Root Chakra.  Meditating with Black Kyanite can help one to come up with important insights resulting from exploration of the subconscious mind. It is often used to also explore past lives, and also to anticipate how current actions affect future lives.  Full of healing energy, Black Kyanite is a favorite among energy healers. Helps to open the lines of communication between people and keeping a piece with you can help out in situations of conflict or misunderstanding. Transmits and amplifies high-frequency energies, making it a great stone for attunements, meditation, and dream-work.   Brings a calming, tranquilizing energy to the body, centers you in preparation for meditation, and assists in receiving intuitive and psychic thoughts, as well as dream recall. Kyanite restores Qi (or Ki) to the physical body, and balances yin/yang energies.

I picked up this curious piece from the MUM expo and I just found it so curious.  I admit I haven't explored it much and am looking forward to using it more this year.




Blue Kyanite Blade




Lapis




Moonstone
Moonstone uses:
Has a powerful vibration that may heighten psychic abilities, and aid you to embrace your gifts.  Their frequency allows you to feel heartfelt joy... that flows out into your auric field. You may feel a profound sense of deep inner awareness and recognition of your destiny.  Enhances intuition. May raise your psychic gifts if you hold it while doing a psychic meditation. Within women in particular, it may stimulate the gift of psychic visions or clairvoyance.

I found this stone at Your Inner Light and I also own a moonstone necklace that I wear nearly everyday.  This photo does NOT do the stone justice.  My moonstone has the most stunning rainbows that can be seen throughout the piece as you tilt and turn it in the light.  Sometimes I meditate with it and sometimes it graces my drawing board as I work.  I particularly like wearing it.




Obsidian



Snowflake Obsidian


Opal



Clear Quartz
Clear Quartz uses:
Assists the higher chakras to emanate white light and aids your connection with spirit. Create a powerful resonance within both the Third Eye Chakra and the Crown Chakra... which is the highest chakra in the physical body. The Crown Chakra connects you up to the Soul Star Chakra... situated in the etheric body above the head.  Brings clarity to your communication and will amplify your thoughts and may assist you by stimulating clearer thinking. It will aid all chakras. Amplifies the vibration of other crystals it is used with. Has a positive effect on all chakras as it protects the aura and expands the human energy field.

The larger piece of quartz my husband found in my Nan's and Pap's house. My Nan was moved to a nursing home and we were set with the task of downsizing her belongings and finding them homes.  It was found in a box/container with other random objects.  We were both quite surprised to find it there and pleased at the same time.  So it made the trip home with us and is displayed in our living room with the others.  The smaller piece I think I picked up at the MUM Expo - which if you haven't figured it out by now, was a great place to find crystals and minerals.




Lemurian Quartz





Lithium Quartz
Lithium Quartz uses:
Brings emotional peace, stress release, and relaxation.  Balances the brain and the emotions.  Calming and soothing, Lithium Quartz uplifts the mental and emotional bodies, and gently moves repressed anger and grief to the surface so it can be healed.  Can also heal emotional issues from past lives.  Use Lithium Quartz to open and heal the Heart Chakra, or with the Third Eye Chakra for powerful meditations.  Can also activate and cleanse all of the Chakras.  It is the presence of the Lithium that makes this Quartz Crystal so special.  Excellent meditation stone that will heighten the profoundness of your inner journey and support spiritual growth. It takes you easily to the higher realms and helps you to make heart felt spiritual connections that have an amazing beauty and depth.  It is a wonderful stone for healers to use and to wear... as it helps to create a peaceful and harmonious space for healing.

This is my new crystal I purchased for myself as a Christmas gift from Crystal Clan on Etsy.  I am in love and I put it under my pillow at night.  Since doing so I have many dreams and experiences at night.  It is rather large and has a decent weight, I would love to carry it with me everywhere but alas it is a bit large and bulky.  It has had a spot on my drawing board since I received it and I love holding it and meditating with it.  My husband also loves the energy of this crystal.




Rose Quartz



Smoky Quartz



Rhodonite




Selenite



Shattuckite




Black Tourmaline 



Variscite




No comments:

Post a Comment

365 days of drawing Addyson Aegirine Aldies Review Alice all purpose cleaner Alta View Wellness Center Angel Numbers Angie Yingst Animal Symbolism Apartment life Arborday.org Are You Experienced art Art reading Aura Photo Aura Photography Backcombing Bacon recipe Bacon wrapped chicken Balloonport Beach Life Beach Life Series Because I hate Abbreviations Best Bone-in Chicken recipes Beverly Stephan Bissell Proheat Carpet Cleaner Blessingway Bone-in Chicken Borax recipes Brussel Sprouts Camp Innabah Candy Drawer Carnies Carnival Series Carpet shampooer Catering Chakra Photo Chakra Photography chicken recipe christmas cookie recipe Christmas craze Christmas Shoe box clairvoyant Cleaning Recipes Collective Consciousness colored pencil Conner Cookie recipe Coupons crafts with toilet paper roll Cremation Ashes cremation glass memorial bead Crew Crystal grids Crystal Healing Crystal Therapy Crystal uses Crystals and Minerals Darn it. Dear Departed Drawings Departed Dinner Recipe DIY Down to Earth Wear drawing drawing of a bulb syringe drawing of a snot sucker Drawing of a zombie drawing of an astronaut Drawing of feet drawing of genesee beer drawing of ghastly beer Drawing of Jimi Hendrix Dread bead Dreadie decorations Dreadies Dreadlock Methods Dreadlocks Dreads Dream Catcher Dustin Middaugh Eggleston Hall Engroff Epicurean Delight Evolution of a Drawing Video Family Family Vacation Feeding your family on a budget Feel the wind on your face Fels naptha recipes floor cleaner Food Coma Friend Frugal Shopping Gardening Glass Blowing glass dread bead grandma's cookie recipe Grandpa graphite drawings Hair Handmade Hape twist and turnables Hardiness zones map Harpers Ferry Healer Healing Herman Heroin Robbed Me HK Pinwheel Packs Holiday shopping holiday shuffle home home for the holidays home school Homemade Carpet Cleaner Solution Homemade frenzy Homemade powdered laundry detergent Homeschool Preschool hot air balloon chase crew Hot Air Ballooning Houd House Faery Thefts Humanitarianism Hyperrealism Insecurities Jack Daniels Distillery Tour Joel kids crafts Kings Fresh Meats Review Kole Kombucha Lancaster balloonport last minute Christmas shopping LeDrew crew Leigh Leigh D Baxter Life Life Purpose lithium quartz Little light Living with Strangers Lost shiny trinkets Love Lucia Married life Maryland Meditation Mineral Uses Monster Paintball MOPS Mothers of Preschoolers Moving Moving to a new house Mr. Kromer MUM Expo My Crystals and Minerals Mystic Native American Rituals Natural Healer Neil New house New Moon Circle new year resolution new years resolution Nines Numerology Obsessive Compulsive Disorder OCD Ocean Beach Spirit Cleansing Ceremony Ocean City Ocean City Maryland On the Road Again One Love Operation Christmas Child Pacific Northwest Glassblowing Packing Packing up your house for a move paint Parenthood Pencil Drawings Pennsylvania Dutch Pot Pie Pennsylvania Dutch Sand tarts photo realism Planting zones map Poppa. portrait drawing Portrait of Cosmo Portrait of Dustin Middaugh Portrait of Houd Portrait of Leigh D Baxter Prettying up Dreadies Reithoffer Show Renting Rides Roasted Parmesan Brussel Sprout Recipe Samaritans Purse Sevens Sideshows Smaller Dreads spiritual awakening spiritual experience Stick a screw driver in my eye Still Life with Circles Still Playing School Still. Summer fun Super washing soda recipes Survivor Mama Susquehanna Valley Balloon Company Sweet Pea Project Sweet Pea Sisters and Brothers Picnic Tarot Card Reading Tea tree essential oil Tennessee The Beach The Moon + Stone Healing The Pier The Walking Dead Things to do in Nashville Thinner Dreadlocks tissue paper hearts To Linger on Hot Coals Traveling Twist and Rip Twizzlers U-Haul uses for vinegar Valentines day craft Violet Wax Hands wax museums Wedding West Virginia WV year in review Your Inner Light